Follow Oshkosh West on Social Media
The best way to learn about all of the great accomplishments of our Wildcat students and staff is by following us on social media.
(The daily announcements, which are read to students each day, are also posted on Facebook)
- Social Media Directory of all student activities
If you have a story about someone or something you'd like us to share on our school's social media, let us know.
Wildcat Athletics News
owhswildcats.com is the home of Wildcat Athletics. See team schedules, scores, rosters, news and more. You can even sign up to receive text alerts about your favorite Wildcat sports.
West's Award-Winning Student Newspaper
For more West news, check out The Index. The purpose of the Oshkosh West Index is to educate, inform, and entertain through eight publications each year. The paper provides a forum for students' ideas and opinions. In addition to the publications, Index students produce and publish several entertaining web packages throughout the year.
QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, CONCERNS?
At Oshkosh West High School we are dedicated to providing the best educational program possible for our children. Should something occur that you have a question about or are unhappy, please give your child’s teacher a call first and then your child’s principal at 424-4090 so that they can work together with you to address your needs. If you have a concern that you have been unable to resolve with a staff member or the principal, you may call 424-0395 and they will help you address your concern or connect you with others who can help.
The Oshkosh Area School District, including all school buildings/sites/programs, does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability. Therefore, no student shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any curricular, extracurricular, student services, recreational or other program or activity.
OASD VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in volunteering within the Oshkosh Area School District. Please complete an online application by visiting the Oshkosh Area School District’s Human Resources webpage at: http://www.oshkosh.k12.wi.us/district/human-resources.
The classroom teacher will determine and notify you if you are chosen to volunteer. If chosen to volunteer, please complete the volunteer application. Once you complete the application, please notify the school office that your application is complete. *Your application will be processed upon request of the school office*
AMERICAN DISABILITIES ACCOMMODATIONS
Upon request, reasonable auxiliary aids and services will be provided to individuals with disabilities. If assistance is required, please provide advance notice by calling the school office
424-4090 OR 424-0395 for district events.
PARENT RIGHTS NOTIFICATION
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and students who are 18 years of age or older (“eligible students”) certain rights with respect to the student’s education records. These rights are:
1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days after the day a written request is received.
2. The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the parent or eligible student believes are inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights under FERPA.
3. The right to provide written consent before the school discloses personally identifiable information (PII) from the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
4. The right to know that school districts can disclose education records to each other without parent consent if the student is enrolling or transferring to another district.
5. The right to file a complaint with the US Department of Education concerning alleged failures by a school to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA are:
Family Policy Compliance Office
“U”S Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202
Note: For a review of additional details for each of the above items, please go to the following website: https://www.ed.gov/category/keyword/ferpa
To connect to community service, help is just 3 digits away. United Way 211 provides easy access to health and human services. Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-924-5514 for help with information about food resources, counseling, employment, health care, child care, support groups, housing, clothing, after school programs or legal aide. It’s FREE, confidential and available 24/7.