Newsletter Week of February 25, 2022
- March 8-9 - ACT for Juniors
- March 14 - Virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences (4-6 PM)
- March 21-25 - Spring Break
- March 29-30 - Forward Testing for Sophomores (regular school schedule for all other students)
Please click here for OASD Out-of-Attendance Area & Open Enrollment Application Deadlines.
Parents/Guardians are asked to complete the Survey Link regarding Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs in the Oshkosh Area School District (OASD). CTE is a broad term for education that combines academic and technical skills with the knowledge and training needed to succeed in today's labor market. The OASD currently offers CTE courses through the following departments: Agriculture, Business, Family and Consumer Science, Math, Science, and Technology and Engineering, Survey results are confidential and will be compiled by the College & Career Readiness Center at CESA6. Please contact email@example.com with questions or concerns.
LOOKING FOR A JOB? New job postings are added weekly...check back often to find a job offering you may be interested in! JOB POSTINGS
Wisconsin students are lagging behind in FAFSA applications. It's time to up our game and make sure we are helping them with this very important college access activity. Here are some fun FAFSA TikToks you can use when getting the word out!
Interested in a career in Law Enforcement?
Do you have current juniors or seniors that are interested in a career in law enforcement or related career? The Wisconsin American Legion Law Enforcement Career Academy (WALLECA) is the perfect experience for those students. This program of The Wisconsin American Legion is a 6 day academy held at the Wisconsin State Patrol academy at Ft. McCoy. The academy is scheduled for July 24 – 29, 2022. Cadets attend at no cost, as we are supported by valued sponsors. The cadets are housed at the dorms at the State Patrol Academy.
The academy consists of 26 female and 26 male cadets. The cadets are chosen from their applications that they submit. The link to the application is attached below. The application requires signatures from a parent, a school counselor and a law enforcement professional. We want students who are in good standing at their school and in their community as they are the future law enforcement professionals. The students who are chosen to attend will be notified in April.
The curriculum consists of fire arms training, physical training, ethics, crime scene investigation, arrest tactics, OWI enforcement, Department of Natural Resources, Human trafficking, and many more classes.
Many of our graduates are already working in law enforcement professions. They credit this academy with their success.
The application for the Wisconsin American Legion is due March 25, 2022. The completed application can be printed, completed, then mailed to:
Wisconsin American Legion Law Enforcement Career Academy
P.O. Box 388
Portage, WI 53901
Or scanned and emailed to:
https://wilegion.org/walleca/ - Link to application
- Senior Fall Newsletter
- Student Travel Opportunities at OWHS
- From the Attendance Office
- From the Counseling Office
- Mental Health & Substance Use Counseling
- From the Health Office
- From the Library Media Center
- Safety Information
- Administrators & Grade Levels
- Pupil Services Staff & Grade Levels
- Social Media
- Wildcat Wearhouse In-Person & Online School Store - Order Apparel
- New Information!
- Winter Sport Head Coaches
- A Note from the Activities Coordinator
- Athletic Physicals & Parent Permission
- Athletic Participation Fees
- Participation in Co-Curricular Offerings
- WIAA News
- Important WIAA Non-School Participation Information
- NFHS Encourages COVID-19 Vaccination to Keep Students in School