Newsletter Week of February 5, 2021
- February 8 & 9 - Picture Retakes and Group Pictures
- February 10 - Teachers will be unavailable after 2:00 due to Collaboration (Early Release Day)
- February 15 - No School (Inservice Day)
- February 25 - Planned start date for Model 2: In-person learning 5 days per week- OASD Update 01.28.21 - Return to Full-time In-person Learning
- March 1 - Virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7 PM
- March 9 - ACT for Juniors (All other students have a Digital Learning Day from home.)
- March 10 - ACT for Juniors in eAcademy (This is already a virtual day for all other students.)
- March 22-23 - Forward Exam for Sophomores on the day they would normally be in-person (Schedule will be normal for all other students.)
- March 29-April 2 - Spring Break
Updated OASD Free School Meal Distribution
Update as of Wednesday, February 3: Free school meals will be available at one distribution time and location only. The distribution will be Wednesdays from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at Oshkosh West High School (main parking lot - enter on Taft Avenue and exit on Eagle Street). Those accessing free meals cannot enter the school parking lot until 4 p.m. to allow students and staff to safely exit the area before the distribution begins.
Free Family Food Boxes: In addition to a week’s worth of school meals, families will also be able to receive Farm to Family Food Boxes - a partnership with Feeding America. LEARN MORE
NOTE: No school meals will be sent home with students at the end of their in-person learning days at this time. Families looking for additional school meals for virtual learning days are asked to visit the distribution sites on Wednesdays to receive those meals.
Meal Distribution Details:
- Meals will be distributed for five days at a time and will include a breakfast, lunch, and supper for each day.
- Milk will be offered with all meals.
- Meals are available and are free to anyone age 18 and under.
- Children do not need to be present to receive free meals, a parent/guardian or sibling may pick up meals.
- Children do not need to be enrolled in the Oshkosh Area School District to receive free meals.
Please click here for important information regarding a change in the process for calculating honors for the purposes of the Oshkosh Area School District (OASD) high school graduation ceremony.
Financial Aid Resources (Seniors)
Virtual College Visits (Seniors and Juniors): Because of COVID-19 safety protocols, representatives from colleges and technical colleges will not be visiting the building to meet with students. In order to still obtain important information and continue exploring college options, please visit the following listing for how to virtually visit colleges or virtually meet with college representatives: Virtual College Visits
ACT Test Prep (Juniors): Juniors at West will take the ACT on March 9, 2021. Students who would like to participate in ACT Prep courses should visit the OWHS Counseling Website, where some of the local ACT prep opportunities are listed: oshkosh-west-high.oshkosh.k12.wi.us/counseling/college-career-development
Select “Standardized Testing”
Select “Test Prep”
How to check grades in Canvas and Infinite Campus (All Grades): This link explains how to check grades in both Infinite Campus and Canvas: Access to Grades in IC and Canvas
Are you looking for a job? Please check out this link! Job Postings
Please read the following: OASD 11.10.20 Update - Support Series and Rise Up Resources
Our commitment to doing everything possible to support students will continue no matter the distance. Families are encouraged to learn more about the support services and mental health resources available and to reach out with any questions or concerns.
COVID DATA AND SYMPTOMS
In an effort to track return to school dates for students, we would like you to continue to notify your student's school when they have symptoms or have been a close contact or a household contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID. Please either call the Health Office at 920-424-4090 option 4, the Attendance Office at 920-424-4090 ext. 3003, or email one of the following:
Picture Re-Take & Group Photo Days are scheduled for Monday, February 8 and Tuesday, February 9 in the Alberta Kimball Auditorium. Please see the following times for both days below:
- 7:45 a.m. - Open for eAcademy and outside programs retakes (please enter through Alberta Kimball Auditorium doors). eAcademy and outside programs are encouraged to get pictures taken if you want to be in the yearbook. If unable to attend these times, you may send a head and shoulders, school-style picture to Mrs. Karoses at email@example.com
- 8:12 a.m. - Start with West students for retakes & group photos- announcements will be made to release students to Auditorium
The OASD moved the WIAA fall sports seasons to the alternative spring season. The start dates for the alternative spring seasons are found below along with the name and email address of the head coach. If you have not already contacted the appropriate head coach please do so ASAP so that you get on the email list for important information. The athletic director will be using the lists provided by the coaches to email out eligibility paperwork information as we will not be holding in person meetings this spring. Even if you have turned in paperwork in the fall the district has two updated forms that will need to be turned in: the covid acknowledgement form and the covid waiver form. These two forms can be found on the Oshkosh West athletics website using the following link: https://oshkosh-west-
Please note when filling out the covid waiver form please list all activities and/or sports your child will be participating in yet this school year as if a sport or activity is not listed on a previously turned in waiver form another waiver will need to be turned in. Finally,he covid19-return to athletics guidelines have recently been updated and the revised guidelines are available at the link referenced above. Thanks and please contact Brad Jodarski with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boys and girls cross country: Stephanie Polak - email@example.com.
- Football: Duane Hartkopf - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Girls golf: Dan Powers - email@example.com.
- Boys soccer: Matt Callahan - matthew.callahan@oshkosh.
- Girls swimming / diving: Kelly Wayne - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Girls tennis: Andrew Schaller - email@example.com.
- Volleyball: Gillian Pakula - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What type of jobs are/would be available? Positions differ by each plant, but primarily fall under the General Worker/Production Helper category. Anywhere from Roll Wrappers, Make Ready, Extrusion Assistant, etc.
- Hours, and are they at all flexible? They would follow our shift schedules at the plant. In Oshkosh we typically follow the 2-2-3 shift schedule with 8 or 12 hour shifts rotating every two weeks from days to nights. We are more flexible with summer helpers needing off for doctors appt, family vacation, etc.
- Pay? (Any benefits? I would assume not) Not eligible for benefits. But they would be eligible for the entry level rate of pay that the plant starts at. For example, Oshkosh South campus positions and Appleton would start at $17.26 per hour. With overtime and premiums with scheduled work they can make close to $18-20 an hour!
- How do they apply? They can submit an application at https://www.amcor.com/careers/
job-details/REQ_35933. I recommend they list you as the referral source!
Welcome Wildcats to our newly designed Online Store! Check out the awesome Wildcat gear with the brands you love!