Newsletter Week of January 8, 2021
- January 11 - Return to Model 3: Hybrid (Group B in-person learning M & TH)
- January 12 - Return to Model 3: Hybrid (Group A in-person learning T & F)
- January 15 - Last day of 1st semester
- January 18 - No School (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Teacher In-service)
- January 19 - Start of 2nd semester
- February 8 & 9 - Picture Retakes & Group Pictures
The following positions are currently open with the OASD Food Service Department. You may apply for any of these positions through the WECAN website. Any questions, please call the Food Service Department at (920)424-4936.
- CT Elementary - Lunch Shift -
- Emmeline Cook - Breakfast Shift - 7:00 -9:00
- Emmeline Cook - Lunch Shift - 10:50 - 12:30
- Oakwood - Lunch Shift - 10:30 - 12:45
- Read - Lunch Shift - 10:15 - 12:15
- Webster Elementary - 2 Lunch Shifts available - 10:35 - 12:50
- Carl Traeger Middle - Lunch Shift - 10:30 - 1:00
- Merrill Middle - Breakfast Shift - 7:15 - 8:45
- South Park - Lunch Shift - 11:25 - 1:35
- Webster Middle - Lunch Shift - 10:45 - 1:30
- West High - Assistant Cook Float - 6:30 - 12:30 - 5.5 hours per day or more if needed
- West High - Assistant Cook - Temporary Position - 7.75 hours per day 6:15 - 2:30
- North High - Assistant Cook - 5 hrs per day - 11:00 - 4:30
- North High - Cook Helper - 4.5 hrs per day - 10:45 - 3:45
- Substitute Workers - flexible to work at any school
Please click here for important information regarding a change in the process for calculating honors for the purposes of the Oshkosh Area School District (OASD) high school graduation ceremony.
Financial Aid Resources (Seniors)
Virtual College Visits (Seniors and Juniors): Because of COVID-19 safety protocols, representatives from colleges and technical colleges will not be visiting the building to meet with students. In order to still obtain important information and continue exploring college options, please visit the following listing for how to virtually visit colleges or virtually meet with college representatives: Virtual College Visits
ACT Test Prep (Juniors): Juniors at West will take the ACT on March 9, 2021. Students who would like to participate in ACT Prep courses should visit the OWHS Counseling Website, where some of the local ACT prep opportunities are listed: oshkosh-west-high.oshkosh.k12.wi.us/counseling/college-career-development
Select “Standardized Testing”
Select “Test Prep”
How to check grades in Canvas and Infinite Campus (All Grades): This link explains how to check grades in both Infinite Campus and Canvas: Access to Grades in IC and Canvas
The PSAT/NMSQT has been tentatively rescheduled for Tuesday, January 26, 2021. Detailed instructions will be sent to students that have signed up to take the test. It is impossible to predict what the situation will be like with the COVID-19 outbreak, but the health and safety of our students and staff will be priority one. Thank you for your understanding during these difficult and unpredictable times.
Are you looking for a job? Please check out this link! Job Postings
Please read the following: OASD 11.10.20 Update - Support Series and Rise Up Resources
Our commitment to doing everything possible to support students will continue no matter the distance. Families are encouraged to learn more about the support services and mental health resources available and to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Fox River Scholarship Center - Seniors will be able to sign up for virtual scholarship presentations and workshops via SignUpGenius. Please click on this link to see the information regarding the scholarship presentations. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Whittaker susie.whittaker@
COVID DATA AND SYMPTOMS
In an effort to track return to school dates for students, we would like you to continue to notify your student's school when they have symptoms or have been a close contact or a household contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID. Please either call the Health Office at 920-424-4090 option 4, the Attendance Office at 920-424-4090 ext. 3003, or email one of the following:
Picture Re-Take & Group Photo Days are scheduled for Monday, February 8 and Tuesday, February 9 in the Alberta Kimball Auditorium. Please see the following times for both days below:
- 7:45 a.m. - Open for eAcademy and outside programs retakes (please enter through Alberta Kimball Auditorium doors)
- 8:12 a.m. - Start with West students for retakes & group photos- announcements will be made to release students to Auditorium
News from the Athletic Department:
We will be looking to provide open weight room opportunities for students in the future after school hours. Students will be emailed a survey next week asking if they are interested in participating.
The district moved our fall sports to the alternate spring seasons. Some of these seasons will have an overlap with the regular spring seasons as well. To help parents and students navigate these overlaps a committee of coaches met numerous times this past fall and created a Question and Answer document. This document has been shared with our district office and both high schools will be using this tool to guide us through both upcoming seasons. The important thing to remember is to have early and open communication with your coaches as we all need to work together to provide as many opportunities as possible for our students. This link will take you to the Q and A document.
Brad Jodarski (firstname.lastname@example.org), Activities Coordinator, Oshkosh West High School
Welcome Wildcats to our newly designed Online Store! Check out the awesome Wildcat gear with the brands you love!