Newsletter Week of March 2, 2020
ACT TESTING - MARCH 3
The ACT for juniors is Tuesday! Here is some key information for juniors and other students.
- It is CRITICAL to attend school on March 3rd as there is only one make-up date. Please do NOT schedule appointments on this day unless they are after 1:30 PM.
- Juniors must report to school by 8:12 am and will need to bring their student ID cards, their approved calculator if they wish to use their own, and 2 sharpened #2 pencils.
- The ACT is estimated to be done around 1:00 PM and juniors may leave after that time. There will be a limited lunch served from 12:50-1:20 PM. Juniors who need to remain at school to wait for a bus are welcome to stay and there will be supervision in the O Room for this purpose.
- Juniors have already received information on where to report the day of testing.
In the original school calendar approved last spring, March 4th was listed as ACT WorkKeys day, which would have been a half day of school for students. The state has eliminated this testing requirement, so March 4th will be a full school day for all students.
DIGITAL LEARNING DAY - MARCH 3
Click on this link for the information regarding this day. Juniors will be taking the statewide ACT test from approximately 8:12am-1:00pm. The information in this link will address what freshmen, sophomores and seniors will be doing to fulfill the course requirements for the day.
- Other students do not need to report to school on March 3; however, March 3rd will still count as a school day. Students will have an online learning day. Teachers will be posting assignments in Canvas for students to complete. Full information was sent out to families on Feb. 17 and Feb. 27 regarding the online learning day with more details about it.
- Any students who want or need to come to school to work on their online lessons are welcome. We will have supervision in the O Room for students wanting to work at West and have internet connection. Students may report at any time during the school day and are welcome to leave at any time.
- School bus schedules will remain normal before and after school.
- A limited lunch will be served from 12:50-1:20 PM.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES - MARCH 5
Thursday is a final opportunity for parent/teacher conferences this year. The set up will be the same as it was in the fall, with teachers located in the O Room, F Room, and Media Center. Please park in the large lot on the North side of the school and enter Door 24.
Click on this link for information on staff locations/availability for this event.
SENIOR TRIBUTE - LAST CHANCE
There is still space for a Senior Tribute in the yearbook. All seniors were sent a form with pricing so send in your form if you'd like to purchase an ad. If you have any questions please contact Amy Karoses at firstname.lastname@example.org or 424-4090 ext 6352.
Sophomores: Are you looking for a different and exciting high school experience for next year? Are you interested in jumpstarting a career in manufacturing with an industry-leading Fortune 500 company - all while earning a regular high school diploma? The Oshkosh Area School District's School to Work (S2W) program in partnership with Oshkosh Corporation provides an opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to earn their high school diploma in a non-traditional environment. Each day will combine a rigorous academic program while developing manufacturing and employability skills in a hands-on learning environment. Students will attend class at Oshkosh Corporation for 3 hours per day and will work for 4 hours. This is a paid experience and each student will be under the guidance of an Oshkosh Corporation mentor.
LEARN MORE: Meet the S2W team and learn more about this exciting opportunity available through the Oshkosh Area School District’s School to Work (S2W) program.
- DATE(S): Monday, March 2, 2020
- TIME: 5:30-7:00 pm
- LOCATION: Oshkosh Corporation World Headquarters 1917 Four Wheel Drive, Oshkosh, WI 54902
CONTACT: If you have questions about the program, please feel free to email Vicki Porior, OASD Career and Technical Education Coordinator at email@example.com.
How do Colleges Use Social Media Feeds?
March is Women's History Month!
Can you match pics of 34 women who changed the world to their names? Use any resources available ALL month. Turn in your submissions to LMC staff during March. You COULD WIN!
March into an eBook!
This March, when any student or staff member checks out an eBook, their name is automatically entered into a drawing for a $20 Kwik Trip Card! You can't win if you don't read an eBook!
Youth Option - IT Position Available
Job Description: The Oshkosh Area School District is seeking two qualified applicants for the IT Youth Apprenticeship. This position begins summer of 2020 working with the OASD Technology Department to prepare technology equipment at various schools throughout the district. The position continues during the 2020-21 school year during an open hour staffing the Innovation at North High School (1 position) and West High School (1 position).
Hours: Summer Hours - 40 hours/week,Mon-Thursday: 6am - 3pm; Friday: 6am - 10pm
School Year - 1 class period/day ; 5 hours/week
- Junior/Senior during 2020-21 school year
- Eligible for an open hour
- Enrolled in technology related coursework during 2020-21 school year
- Hold valid drivers license
Next year, we will NOT be renewing Flipster. WHY? Each magazine listed below has similar FREE content in BadgerLink.
American Survival Guide
Archeology, Backpacker, Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, National Geographic & Military History
Car & Driver
Vegetarian Times, Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, Eating Well
Horse & Rider
Mac World, PC World, Popular Science, Science News, Scientific American
People, Entertainment Weekly
MARCH IS NATIONAL ATHLETIC TRAINING MONTH
Meet Tyler VanSistine: Tyler has been with Ascension Sports Medicine Wisconsin Fox Valley since 2016. He attended the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and graduated with a bachelors in athletic training and psychology.
Cell Phone: (920)-609-8192
SPRING SPORT INFORMATION
Spring sport eligibility meetings
Boys and Girls track-Met on February 24th - See Mr. Jodarski for paperwork
Monday, March 2nd Boys Tennis meeting - 5:45pm in the O-room
Tuesday, March 3rd Boys Golf - 5:45pm in the O-room
Tuesday, March 3rd Girls Soccer - 7:15pm in the O-room
Monday, March 9th Softball meeting - 5:45pm in the O-room
Tuesday, March 16th Baseball meeting - 5:45pm in the O-room