Newsletter Week of August 21, 2020
Please be sure to register your student online ASAP (if you have not done so already) for the 2020-2021 School Year.
All school/class fees should be posted in Infinite Campus. Please check your Infinite Campus portal to view and pay fees online. If you would prefer to pay with a check, please make the check out to OWHS and have your student bring the check to the school bank, or drop the check off at Door 24 or Door 38 during regular school hours.
Monday or Tuesday, 8/24/20 or 8/25/20, you will be able to log into Infinite Campus to view student class schedules. Please note that some schedules may not be final at this time. Our counselors are still balancing classes, fixing errors, and making necessary changes. Students will get an updated copy of their class schedules during first hour on the first day of school.
At this time, we no longer allow schedule changes. If a student’s schedule has an error, please fill out the Schedule Correction Form. Here is the link: https://forms.gle/wGRddVAfVzD9zSAG7
The high school will be operating in a hybrid model, so each student will be assigned to either the A group or the B group. You will be notified which group your student(s) is/are assigned to Monday or Tuesday, 8/24/20 or 8/25/20. Please check your email and/or Infinite Campus portal for this information. You will receive a school year calendar that is color coded to indicate which days your group will attend school in person. Students will attend school in person every other day, and the opposite days will participate in school from home using their Chromebook to access online lessons in Canvas. More information about this will be shared with students in their classes on the first day of school. The A group will begin school on September 1st and the B group will begin school on September 2nd. There will be no online work for the B group to do on September 1st because they will not have their Chromebooks until September 2nd. Chromebooks will be issued during 4th hour homeroom on the first day of school.
PICTURE DAY (SEPT. 1 & 2) INFORMATION
This information is coming to you to assist in the picture ordering process. Network Photography is encouraging schools to share this information with parents early and before the picture taking dates so that parents can best choose what works for them.
- Here is the link that parents can use to order their pictures and pre-pay online for them. This option is the best as it alleviates having more physical contact and lets parents order directly from their homes. Oshkosh West HS School Pictures - Pre-Pay Option
- Here is the form for parents to be able to print a physical copy of the order form and send it with payment when their child has their picture taken or for schools to print extras should they need them. Copies of the order form will be available with the photographers also.
- Students in the A Group will have their pictures taken during English class on September 1st.
- Students in the B Group will have their pictures taken during English class on September 2nd.
- Students will be issued their student ID cards upon having their pictures taken.
- An announcement will be made both days for any seniors who do not have an English class this semester to report to the auditorium or LMC for pictures.
Hello Wildcat students and families!
My name is Shayna Reynard and I am excited to introduce myself as your new dean of students at Oshkosh West. Prior to Oshkosh West, I taught in the Fond du Lac School District at the middle school level for six years. After graduating from UW-Oshkosh with my Master’s Degree this past December I decided it was time for a new adventure, which has brought me here! I look forward to working with the students and families of this community and am always here to answer any questions you may have. I am committed to working together toward the success of each student and am anxiously awaiting the start of the school year.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns, or just to say hello!
Wishing you all the best this school year,