Newsletter Week of July 15, 2022
This year, we're turning our traditional open house into a back-to-school celebration we're calling Wildcat Welcome! In addition to being able to walk their schedules and meet their teachers, students will be able to win prizes in a scavenger hunt, explore clubs and activities, and more. The new Brewing Futures Mobile C.A.F.E. will also be on hand serving snacks and drinks! We're encouraging ALL students and their families, not just freshmen, to come and kick off the school year with us. Free child care will be available on site.
· In order to fully participate, students need to have their schedules, so we suggest you either print the schedule, take a picture of the schedule, or have the schedule pulled up on the Infinite Campus app for the event. Student schedules will be available via the Infinite Campus Portal on August 22nd. If you do not have electronic access to your schedule, we will have support people available to help.
· There will be an orientation meeting for freshmen and new students in the Alberta Kimball Auditorium from 6:30-7 PM.
Boys soccer is excited to kick-off the fall season! If you are interested in playing boys soccer, please check out the team website at www.oshkoshwestsoccer.com. Players that are not currently playing can register on the team website to get more information about the program. Go Wildcats!
Senior pictures are due October 27th. We are looking for a head and shoulders, vertical pose; it’s okay if the pose is outdoors, or the student is wearing a hat, or holding a cat, just so it’s a head and shoulders, vertical pose. Those can be emailed to email@example.com or a wallet sized photo can be brought to the yearbook office (W10). Email Amy Karoses with any questions.
Since back to school sales are already popping up, we wanted to make sure our early shoppers know Oshkosh West High School does not have a school-wide school supply list. Students may purchase their own supplies based on their needs and preferences. At minimum, we recommend:
A notebook and folder for each class
Pens, pencils, and highlighters
Individual teachers will communicate with students if specific supplies are needed for a class.
Wisconsin students are lagging behind in FAFSA applications. It's time to up our game and make sure we are helping them with this very important college access activity. Here are some fun FAFSA TikToks you can use when getting the word out!
Students: LOOKING FOR A JOB? New job postings are added weekly...check back often to find a job offering you may be interested in! JOB POSTINGS
- From the Attendance Office
- From the Athletics/Activities Office
- From the Counseling Office
- Mental Health & Substance Use Counseling
- From the Health Office
- From the Library Media Center
- Safety Information
- Administrators & Grade Levels
- Pupil Services Staff & Grade Levels
- Social Media
- Student Travel Opportunities at OWHS
- Wildcat Wearhouse School Store - Order Apparel